We had fun celebrating the birthday of one of our customers today. He brought in a delicious cake, which he had made, and we all tried some. There was also the blessing of another customer bringing eggs and bacon. These treats were much enjoyed by those who were around at the time!
Our volunteer team did a wonderful job in the kitchen. They made alcohol free mincemeat in preparation for Christmas, along with all of the other tasty dishes that were on the menu. It is always great to see how enthusiastic and willing all of the volunteers are…and of course to sample their lovely food!
35 people ate with us today. Here’s what they consumed in the cafe or took home for later:
- 7 portions of courgette soup
- 15 portions of pumpkin soup
- 9 portions of chicken salad
- 6 portions of vegetable tagine
- 17 portions of cheese, ham and vegetable bake
- 8 portions of bread and butter pudding
- 8 portions of pumpkin pie
- 8 portions of golden syrup cake
Lots of cans of food were intercepted along with some large courgettes, pumpkins and flour. £55.74 was given in monetary donations and several people helped out with the washing up and clearing up.
Thank you very much to everyone who supported the cafe today, in whatever way!
We are open:
Thursday 10.30am – 12pm
Friday 10am – 4pm
We hope to see you then!