We had a select few at the cafe today. No doubt the rain put some people off venturing out of their houses. However, the 20 customers that we did have really enjoyed the tasty dishes that were made! Here’s what they ate or took home for later:
- 15 portions of cream of carrot soup
- 9 portions of beetroot and ham pasta bake
- 11 portions of vegetable stew with dumplings
- 8 portions of mixed fruit cobbler
- 1 portion of apple crumble
- 9 portions of sponge cake
£18.89 was given in monetary donations and several people helped out by setting up tables and signs, writing the menu, clearing up and washing up.
Thank you very much to everyone who contributed today! You helped us to feed bellies not bins.
We are open again on Friday between 10am and 4pm. Make sure that you come down to taste more delicious, home cooked food!