The kittens were playing out in the garden again as we set up the cafe. They also made an appearance a little later on. 28 people came down to share in the food that was cooked today (and to observe the kittens!). The menu was quite extensive as we still had some of the tasty food from Tuesday to enjoy. Here’s what people ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 5 portions of mushroom soup
- 10 portions of curried courgette soup
- 2 portions of vegetable tagine
- 5 portions of meatballs and pasta
- 12 portions of pork casserole
- 5 portions of potato curry
- 4 portions of chicken satay
- 12 portions if bread and butter pudding
- 5 portions of banana sorbet
- 2 portions of apple crumble
We recieved lots of donations today including lots of bread, croutons, mayonnaise, apples, sandwiches and apple turnovers. £68.55 was given in monetary donations and various people helped out with washing up, cleaning up, logging food and writing up the menu.
Thank you very much to everyone who supported us today, in whatever way!
Have a wonderful weekend and we look forward to seeing you when we open on Tuesday.