Well the cafe was a great place for networking today. Various members of our community were sharing their hopes and plans. It was wonderful to see the cafe being used in this way.
A couple of people were out in the garden working hard, and the kitchen was busy with volunteers! They were a great team who managed to produce all of the lovely food that was served today.
37 customers came in total. Here’s what they ate in the cafe or took home for later:
- 14 portions of broccoli soup
- 4 portions of cabbage and bacon soup
- 17 portions of potato curry
- 18 portions of chicken and roasted vegetable salad with honey, mustard and balsamic dressing (and potato wedges!)
- 11 portions of tarte tatin
- 8 portions of bread and butter pudding with mango coulis
- 3 portions of mincemeat tart
We received £48.22 in monetary donations and a couple of people helped to clean up. Various items of food were given to the cafe during the day, including chocolates, potatoes and jars of sauce.
Thank you very much to everyone who supported us in whatever way!
Have a good bank holiday weekend and we look forward to seeing you on Tuesday if you are free.
Don’t forget that we are open for lunch AND evening meals next Friday 8th May. We are catering in the evening for the folk gig – ‘Lucy Ward’ and ‘The Gentle Good’!