On this beautiful warm day, 25 people came and visited the cafe. Many of our regulars, plus some who came for the first time. This is what they ate or took home for later:
- 12 portions of spinach and split pea soup
- 4 portions of sweet potato soup
- 1 portion of broccoli soup
- 15 portions of sausage and stuffing toad in the hole
- 14 portions of vegetable roast
- 20 portions of Bakewell tart with a difference
- 6 portions of fruit salad
- 2 portions of fruit sorbet
- 1 portion of mince pie ice cream
Lots of people helped out by taking orders, serving food, washing up and sorting out the drinks table. Thank you all for your wonderful help! We received a range of donations including lemon essence, fig jam, cherries and tea and coffee. We also received £41.56 in monetary donations. Thank you to everyone who contributed today. We couldn’t run the cafe without you!
We hope you have a good few days and look forward to seeing you on Friday if you are free…?
PS: one of the people in the cafe today is looking for accommodation in LS6. If you know of any flats/ houses that are up for rent at a cheap price, please let us know.