Well, what a day!
We served the most people that we have ever served in the cafe today – 60 people came in and enjoyed the food!
It was due to some people inviting their family to come and eat at the cafe, other people bringing work colleagues down and the new vicar and his wife arriving in their new home today.
Admittedly we were a little under pressure to feed everyone, but the volunteers were amazing and did a brilliant job, as ever. It was just the chef who looked a bit stressed as she figured out what else could be served up. We’ll get her sorted out for next week, so she is nice and calm again.
Here’s what people ate in or took away:
- 23 portions of French onion soup
- 6 portions of parsnip soup
- 26 portions of dahl (either chickpea or bean)
- 32 portions of chicken satay and noodles
- 2 portions of beans on toast
- 2 portions of fish pie
- 1 omelette
- 26 portions of plum sponge and custard
- 6 portions of melon sorbet
- 1 portion of mince pie ice cream
- 1 portion of banana and chocolate sorbet
Thank you so much to everyone who supported us today! We received £210.65 in monetary donations. Plus, we were given lots of food donations including jam, plums, onions, tea, coffee, biscuits, eggs and Turkish delight. Thank you!
It was a privilege to serve everyone today.
We’ll wait and see if the cafe is as busy on Tuesday, but even if it is, we’ll find some food to feed you!