Today we welcomed back some of our wonderful volunteers who had just returned to Leeds after the Christmas break. Chris headed up the team in the kitchen and between them they made a delicious vegetarian menu.
Here’s what they served to the customers today. It was eaten in the cafe or taken home for later.
– 12 portions of carrot and coriander soup
– 14 portions of sweet potato, lentil and coconut curry
– 20 portions of vegetarian lasagne
– 7 portions of mixed bean hot pot
– 16 portions of bread and butter pudding
– 8 portions of mince pie ice cream
– 2 portions of fruit salad
In total there were 30 customers, including 2 BBC producers. We were given donations of 2 cafetières, along with some tea, coffee and sugar. The monetary donations totalled £65.73 and several of the customers helped out by doing jobs in the cafe.
Thank you so much to everyone who supported us today! We really value your input.
Don’t forget that we are now open on Tuesdays as well as Fridays.