We cooked and served:
– 11 portions of red pepper and beetroot soup with a roll
– 27 portions of potato curry
– 19 portions of bean stew and mashed potato
– 19 portions of wendsleydale ginger and lime cheesecake
– 1 portion of banana and chocolate ice-cream (unfortunately it took too long to set, so we’ll save it till next week)
In total 40 people dined at the cafe today.
We received some wonderful donations yesterday and today. One person donated garlic, tinned tomatoes, stock cubes and yoghurt. Another individual donated stock cubes, tinned tomatoes, oil and yet more garlic! Following that some kind students brought us some vegetables from their allotment. Plus, another person brought us lots of packets of blue cheese. Thank you so much to all of you!
We received £102.65 in monetary donations and had the record number of volunteers at the cafe at one time. For the first hour or so, we had 10 volunteers cutting vegetables, cooking, cleaning the fridge, setting up tables, serving… It was incredible to have so much help. A huge thank you to all of you!
Finally, a big thank you to everyone else who supported the cafe today in whatever way, big or small!